INTRONAUT "Valley of Smoke" (Century Media)

Even though I am generally against the labels put in bands and music, this was somehow useful in order to direct someone’s interest. The elder years, those labels were more discrete though. If, for example, you’d ever mention the termprogressive metal, then automatically your mind was spinning around some certain bands/artists of the mentioned genre. But if I dare to place Intronaut in the same musical family I could be deeply misconceived although I’d be telling the very truth. Intronaut are indeed a progressive band and I mean that they evolve the musical norms lifting them up to a different (if not higher) level. The “Valley of Smoke” keeps its foothold on the ground of the previous, exquisite “Prehistirocisms” album but it’s performed kind of differently. Through the labyrinthine rhythms of the band, a great talent of song writing is interposed. And that is said because you can sing parallely to Sacha and Dave the songs of this record. The album’s productions, according to my likes, is simply fantastic and distinguishes all the instruments, making the members’ playing very distinct. Typical is the sound of bass of which you’ll eat your fill in this record. Concerning the band’s execution is a bit more than just good. Anyone who has been introduced in Intronaut’s music already knows he can’t expect any kind of drollery. My personal fave in Intronaut’s music is, of course, their drummer, Danny Walker (ex-Uphill Battle “R.I.P.”) whom I rank among the top drummers universally. Even though “Valley of Smoke” is a perfect record, I feel that the members of Intronaut are yet to show all of their virtues. Perhaps their next record will be the cause for many jaw swooping…

Miltos XIC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...